What is Disc Golf?
- A cross between golf (minus greens fees), hiking and Frisbee
- Disc Golf is a rapidly growing sport played much like traditional golf, only instead of hitting a ball into a hole, players seek to throw a flying disc (similar to a Frisbee) into an elevated metal basket.
- Discs of varying weights/profiles are used to throw different shots
- Discs are the only equipment needed to play; they cost $8-$16
- Courses are typically located in city/county parks and free to play
- Metro Atlanta has 18 courses; closest to downtown is 15 miles away
- Georgia has 71 permanent courses in 2012 (up from 19 in 2006)
Disc Golf Promotional Videos: